Training| Teaching Courses | Imaging Masterclasses
★ Imaging Masterclasses is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for Imaging Masterclasses’s privacy practices.
★ Each Member is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for another Member’s privacy practices. Also, Imaging Masterclasses is not responsible for any Member’s privacy practices.
INFORMATION THAT IMAGING MASTERCLASSES COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
Imaging Masterclasses directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an Imaging Masterclasses user account and create an Imaging Masterclasses user profile;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service (for example, Verified Certificates);
- send email messages to Imaging Masterclasses (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys; and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the Imaging Masterclasses Site.
Imaging Masterclasses also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the Imaging Masterclasses Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
Imaging Masterclasses does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the Imaging Masterclasses Site, for example a Verified Certificate, you will be directed to Imaging Masterclasses’s third-party payment processor and Imaging Masterclasses’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via the Imaging Masterclasses Site.
Imaging Masterclasses requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for an Imaging Masterclasses user account (name, username, email address);
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that Imaging Masterclasses’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that Imaging Masterclasses’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that Imaging Masterclasses’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or
- earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
To the extent that Imaging Masterclasses associates the information that Imaging Masterclasses collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the Imaging Masterclasses Site, for example:
- in your Imaging Masterclasses account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other Imaging Masterclasses Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on the Imaging Masterclasses Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for the Imaging Masterclasses Site or a course).
Imaging Masterclasses encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the Imaging Masterclasses Site. (If you later choose to delete your Imaging Masterclasses account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below.)
Members do not receive your Personal Information unless and until you enroll in a course. If you enroll in a course, the Member that offers the course will receive Personal Information from your Imaging Masterclasses account profile plus the information that Imaging Masterclasses collects about your activity and performance in the course in which you enrolled.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES ON THE IMAGING MASTERCLASSES SITE
- based on your cookie settings, Imaging Masterclasses tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Imaging Masterclasses Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- Imaging Masterclasses may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use Imaging Masterclasses native mobile apps) you used when accessing the Imaging Masterclasses Site, and Imaging Masterclasses may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- Imaging Masterclasses may track and collect information from emails that Imaging Masterclasses sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
Imaging Masterclasses also partners with third parties to help us track and understand your activity on the Imaging Masterclasses Site, how you interact with Imaging Masterclasses’s social media, and how you find or may be referred to the Imaging Masterclasses Site. Individual Members may separately use Tracking Technologies within their courses and email communications to understand your activity within a course and how you find or may be referred to a course on the Imaging Masterclasses Site.
- when necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the Imaging Masterclasses Site works properly for you. Without these technologies, the Imaging Masterclasses Site may not function correctly;
- to enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help Imaging Masterclasses and Members gather information about how visitors use the Imaging Masterclasses Site and monitor Imaging Masterclasses Site performance, and to enhance your experience by recognizing and remembering whether you have visited the Imaging Masterclasses Site before and may have any personal preferences; and
- to support marketing by enabling Imaging Masterclasses and Members to deliver content relevant to your interests on the Imaging Masterclasses Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with Imaging Masterclasses or Member advertisements or content. Imaging Masterclasses and Members use “first-party” cookies, which means cookies served by Imaging Masterclasses or an individual Member, and also “third-party” cookies, which means cookies served by third parties that help Imaging Masterclasses and Members track this information.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include:
- Modifying your browser settings : You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject Imaging Masterclasses’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the Imaging Masterclasses Site may not work properly.
- Opting-out of certain third-party tracking and advertising : Some of the third parties used by Imaging Masterclasses or a Member for Cookies and Tracking Technologies offer the ability to opt-out from their tracking by following processes described on their websites. A list of some such third parties is maintained and available at the Imaging Masterclasses and includes, for some, links to applicable opt-out processes. Neither Imaging Masterclasses nor any Member is responsible for the effectiveness of any third-party opt-out options.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Imaging Masterclasses and Members use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Imaging Masterclasses Site– This includes creating and improving features that support the Imaging Masterclasses community and enable Imaging Masterclasses Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the Imaging Masterclasses Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses– This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on Imaging Masterclasses. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services– This includes enabling you to navigate the Imaging Masterclasses Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the Imaging Masterclasses Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on the Imaging Masterclasses Site such as Verified Certificates.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the Imaging Masterclasses Site– This includes tracking Imaging Masterclasses Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the Imaging Masterclasses Site.
- Communicate with you– This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and Imaging Masterclasses Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of Imaging Masterclasses or Imaging Masterclasses affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of cognitive science and education– This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
- Track Imaging Masterclasses Site usage against goals and mission– This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations– This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Imaging Masterclasses, Members, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
Imaging Masterclasses or a Member may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
Imaging Masterclasses and Members share information, including Personal Information, with third parties for the following purposes:
- With other learners in courses that you take and with other visitors to the Imaging Masterclasses Site, to create an interactive learning environment, support class participation, and share course information– This includes sharing comments, coursework, or other information or content that you submit to a portion of the Imaging Masterclasses Site designed for viewing by other class members or for public communication. This also includes providing opportunities for you to communicate with other users who may have similar interests or educational goals, for instance, recommending specific study partners or connecting potential student mentees and mentors. In such cases, Imaging Masterclasses and each Member that offers a course in which you enrolled may use all information collected about you to determine who might be interested in communicating with you, but will only provide others your username (for clarity, no disclosure of your real name or email address).
- With employers, government programs, institutions, or other enterprises that sponsor your enrollment in a course for training or other educational purposes– If an entity pays for or otherwise sponsors your Verified Certificate or course participation, Imaging Masterclasses will share information with the entity as needed to confirm your enrollment, participation, progress, and completion status in that course.
Imaging Masterclasses or a Member may also seek your consent for additional disclosures of information, including Personal Information, and will share it only as described to you. In addition, Imaging Masterclasses or a Member may share with the public and with third parties, including but not limited to researchers and business partners, information and Personal Information that is de-identified or aggregated in a manner that does not personally identify you.